Monica Boehringer is an independent public relation consultant with 15+ years experience delivering results on contentious and environmental issues for government and nonprofit organizations, counsel to senior management and community engagement.
- Reviving residential and commercial outreach for the Dominion Green Power Program, a state-wide program to encourage customers to support the development of green energy (biomass, wind and solar) in the region.
- Planning, developing and implementing a comprehensive public relations program designed to enhance relationships between the highly contentious $1.5 billion Forestry Commission Wales Wind Energy Program and various stakeholders including Welsh Government, Wind Energy Developers, communities, activists and media.
- Leading the branding and launch of “Water is Precious,” the Water Resources Strategy for Environment Agency Wales. The launch included creating the first permanent exhibit in the National Museum of Wales illustrating the causes of drought in the region and the need for an active water conservation plan.
- Developing the multimedia consultation tool and launch concept for Environment Agency Wales’ “Living Waters for Wales,” which introduced the European Water Framework Directive. Nominated for Environment Agency PR Award. The tool is now used by the Environment Agency across the United Kingdom.
- Outreach Coordinator (June – December 2013)
- 3Degrees Group Inc.
- Communications Manager
- Forestry Commission Wales (2009–2012)
- Communications Officer
- Environment Agency Wales (2008–2009)
- Public Relations Consultant
- Communications Solutions (2001–2008)
- News Analyst/Guest Contributor
- British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) (1996-2012)
- Freelance Producer
- GMTV, KSAZ-TV, “The Oprah Winfrey Show” and Reuters TV (1993-1996)
- Associate Producer – “ABC Sports” and “Good Morning America”
- American Broadcasting Company (ABC) (1989–1993)
- Communications Planning
- Media Relations
- Contentious Issues and Crisis Management
- Branding, Launch and Event Management
- Press Releases, Articles, Blogging and Content Management
- Community Engagement
- Budgeting and Financial Management
Additional Professional Recognition/Awards:
Served as a regular pundit for British Broadcasting Corporation Radio (BBC) on politics, international issues and events including 9/11. Received Emmy Award® working with “Good Morning America” on the 1992 Presidential Election.
Certificate of Higher Education – (Community Regeneration)
University of Glamorgan – Pontypridd, Wales, UK 2004
Associate of Occupational Studies – Marketing/Public Relations
Tobé Coburn School – NYC, NY 1983
- Chair – Police and Communities Together (2010-2012)
- Vice Chair – Children in Need Wales (2002-2005)
- Chair – Mental Health Matters (2002–2008)
- Member – Broadcasting Council for Wales (2002–2007)
- Organizer – Regeneration How? (2001–2002)